Combine your passion for yoga with nature, learn to teach SUP yoga, and join the SUP Yoga Pro team in this unique 7 day training focusing on expanding not only your yoga skills but your ocean knowledge.
Held in Maldives, this SUP yoga teacher certification will teach you to how to convert your earth-bound yoga practice to a floating arena. The training will supply you with the practical tools and mental confidence to teach yoga on water, as well as becoming a stronger stand up paddleboarder and teach safe and creative yoga classes on water.
The training is taught by Sofie Ringsten, Roxy paddleboarder and SUP yoga pioneer in Sweden, in a collaboration with Surfbussen and Ariston Maldives Dive Center.
Teacher Training Highlights:
- Basic paddle board instruction and equipment overview
- Paddle technique, paddle strokes and pivot turns
- Preparation and how to introduce SUP yoga on land
- SUP specific rescue technique and water safety
- How to communicate effectively on water
- Expanding your comfort zone on the board
- The therapeutic aspects of SUP paddling and yoga
- How to design effective SUP yoga classes that will challenge all levels from beginner to advanced
- SUP yoga meditation and breath work
- Adapting your SUP yoga class depending on location and conditions
- Traditional yoga vs SUP yoga – how to convert your earth bound teaching to water
- The best sequencing system to use on a SUP board
- The role of the SUP yoga teacher
- The art of the SUP paddler and SUP yogi – yoga anatomy
- Partnering with local businesses or build your own SUP yoga business
You will develop strong SUP skills with major focus on paddling and safety. A large portion of the training focuses on paddle technique, expanding your comfort zone on the board and water rescue. All to make you a confident SUP yoga teacher with skills beyond the yoga part.
This training also offers a unique opportunity to learn and study ocean knowledge from local divers from Maldives. All to make you a skilled ocean yogi!
YOU WILL RECEIVE
40 continuing education hours through Yoga Alliance
E-book, SUP yoga: The meeting between asanas and the healing powers of water
Board, paddle and equipment rentals for duration of the training
Goodie bag from Roxy
You have completed a minimum of 200 hour yoga teacher training
You know how to swim
You feel comfortable and confident being in water
The training consists of 7 days total, including two days off for rest, studies and exploration of the island (optional).
Day 1-3 includes a morning session with yoga on land and SUP paddling/yoga on water. After each morning session you´ll receive lunch and time to rest.
Afternoon sessions includes additional SUP paddling/yoga, ending with dinner and rest.
Day 4 is a day off for rest and studies.
Day 5-6 includes morning session and afternoon sessions on water, for water skills training as well as SUP paddling/yoga. Time will also be spent on some theory lessons.
Day 7 is our final day spent together with a celebration of finishing the training.
We will live at the guest house Ariston Dhangethi Inn, which is where our earth-bound yoga classes take place. Just outside of the guest house we´ll have our paddle boards ready for daily sessions on water.
DATES COMING SOON
Thanx for your patience
Questions? Contact me below: